Live From The Statler Hilton & Roseland Hotels 1950s
Tightly packed with rhumbas, mambos, sambas, and meringues, this chapter in Harlequin's amazing Xavier Cugat series is wall-to-wall live radio broadcasts, featuring conventional gringo announcers and lots of feisty introductions by Cugie himself. This band comes across better than ever when heard performing in front of the public at the Roseland and Statler-Hilton hotels. There is a spirit of mischief in the air that simply doesn't show up in most of Cugat's studio recordings. Excellent entertainment -- a must for collectors and highly recommended for those who have just discovered Xavier Cugat. ~ arwulf arwulf, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Harlequin Records (UK)
- UPC: 008637215422