Louisa May Alcott's beloved children's novel Little Women is one of the classics of American literature. The novel follows the lives of the March sisters, Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy, and details their passage from childhood to womanhood during the years of the American Civil War. The story was loosely based on Alcott and her sisters' own experiences of growing up in Concord, Massachusetts. The book became an immediate roaring success when it was published on September 30, 1868: the first 2,000 copies sold out at once and it has never been out of print since.This 150th-anniversary facsimile edition faithfully reproduces an abridged version of the book published in 1910. Beautifully produced as a hardback printed on high-quality paper, this perfect gift for young girls presents the story in an easy-to-read format, with color illustrations by the Australian artist Norman Little.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Art Books
- ISBN-13: 9781908970404
- ISBN: 1908970405
- Publication Year: 2018