This unusual trio, comprised of altoist Peter Epstein (occasionally doubling on soprano), guitarist Brad Shepik, and percussionist Matt Kilmer, works quite well, sounding very complete. Epstein is generally melodic, Shepik's versatility and wide range of sounds are major assets, and Kilmer keeps the backgrounds colorful. Some of the playing hints at world music and one number has a reggae rhythm, but the music overall is modern post-bop jazz, with each of the musicians being of equal importance. There are no dull or predictable moments along the way and this sparse format brings out the best in all three players. Recommended. ~ Scott Yanow, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Songlines Recordings
- UPC: 774355155523