Light You Up [Digipak]
It's been said before, but it's worth saying again: those who think Shawn Mullins' discography starts and stops with his 1998 chart-topper, "Lullaby," are missing out on one of Atlanta's better Americana artists. Now in his early forties, Mullins has developed the sort of weary, lived-in baritone that suits his music, and he tailors his folk songs to an adult contemporary audience. As a result, Light You Up bridges the gap between "Lullaby," with its easygoing acoustic ambiance and PG-rated charm, and 9th Ward Pickin' Parlor, the roots rock album that reignited Mullins' career in 2006. The songs shine their brightest whenever he digs deep into his Southern heritage, yielding scattered highlights like the boogie-jam-rock of "You Make It Better" and the swampy, six-minute soul number "Light You Up." ~ Andrew Leahey, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Welk
- UPC: 015707811224