Leprechauns: The Myths, Legends, & Lore
"Leprechauns have been at the heart of Irish culture for years, capturing our hearts and minds alike--but how much do we really know about the leprechaun, anyway? Often depicted as a little bearded man who partakes in mischief, no one knows if he is a fallen angel, diminished god, or son of fairies? What does he do all day? And what's the story behind that hidden pot of gold? In Leprechauns, prominent folklorist Bob Curran looks at the origins of this hero of Irish lore. He explores the superstitions surrounding the leprechaun and his enduring place in popular culture, and turns the spotlight on the 'real' leprechaun--enigmatic, complex, and contradictory"--
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Adams Media Corp
- ISBN-13: 9781507208922
- ISBN: 1507208928
- Publication Year: 2019