Legends Of Jazz Drumming Complete
Both the Legends of Jazz Drumming Part One and Part Two videos in one package. Part One (1920-1950) traces the history of jazz drumming in America from its earliest, pre-1920 roots to the advent of the be-bop revolution in the mid-1940s and beyond. It features archival film clips and photographs of the greats of jazz drumming, including Baby Dodds, Paul Barbarin, Chick Webb, Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich, Dave Tough, Sid Catlett, Kenny Clarke, and Max Roach. (63 min.) Part Two (1950-1970) features clips and photos of Philly Joe Jones, Shelly Manne, Art Blakey, Joe Morello, Roy Haynes, Ed Thigpen, Paul Motian, Tony Williams, Steve Gadd, Billy Cobham, and others. This video illuminates a turbulent and very significant time in the history of jazz drumming. (73 min.)
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Alfred Pub Co
- ISBN-13: 9780769247434
- ISBN: 0769247431
- Publication Year: 1996
- Edition: VHS