Leaving The Island Pack Of 6
Philip's birthday is ruined by the news that he and his family must leave their home in the Outer Hebrides, off the west coast of Scotland, and move south to a large and noisy city on the mainland. Philip is afraid he will never return to the island he loves. But then an unexpected visitor to the city gives him hope that one day he will go back. Leaving the Island is one of thirteen books that make up Independent Reading Level B, for children in Year 4/Primary 5. This phase of Cambridge Reading aims to extend children's reading tastes and understanding of language features, and motivate them to enjoy reading. The book has black and white illustrations, helping to make the book accessible and attractive to its target readership.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cambridge Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780521648868
- ISBN: 0521648866
- Publication Year: 1998