Lavender Hair: 21 Devotions For Women With Breast Cancer
A happy heart is good medicine. On October 8, 2015, Victoria Jackson was getting ready for her 45-minute stand up routine at Zanie's Comedy Club in Nashville. But instead of enjoying the pre-show excitement, she was laying on the couch in the green room coughing nonstop, drinking tea with lemon and honey, and sucking on cough drops. Vicki had many scary moments growing up: doing a back handspring on the four-inch balance beam; performing stand up comedy; auditioning for Saturday Night Live; and getting held up by a robber with a gun in a parking lot in downtown Los Angeles. But being told she had cancer was her scariest moment. Join Vicki as she wonders "why me?" and if her lollipop addiction caused the cancer, writes a ukulele song in the MRI waiting room, undergoes a double mastectomy with secret messages written in permanent marker to her doctor on her chest and stomach, goes through chemotherapy, radiation, baldness, and lavender hair,discovers that Jesus is enough and performs at Zanie's to a standing ovation nearly one year after her diagnosis. If you're one of the one-in-eight women who've been diagnosed with breast cancer, or if you know someone who has, this 21-day devotional is full of humour, insight, and comfort as you walk with God through this dark valley.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Broadstreet Pub Group Llc
- ISBN-13: 9781424555628
- ISBN: 1424555620
- Publication Year: 2017