This beautifully-designed edition of Tehillim features the moving chapters of the Book of Psalms in Hebrew, commentary in Hebrew by Rav Adin Even-Israel Steinsaltz, and inspiring images created by the renowned Israeli artist, Baruch Nachshon. Every illustration in this volume connects to the concept of the text to help the reader understand the meaning of the text.
Rabbi Steinsaltz writes on the back cover:
There are books in the Bible that we study, and there are books that we read, but there is something extra in Tehilim: they are recited. They recite Tehillim in times of distress or out of obligation. Sometimes we say them out of deep emotion, and sometimes with little awareness of what is being said. In the Talmud it is told that at midnight there was a wind that blew on the strings of David's violin, and then the violin played on its own...This commentary on Tehillim is intended to help the Psalmists reach their hearts and minds, and join the music of King David.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Koren Pub
- ISBN-13: 9789653018709
- ISBN: 9653018701
- Publication Year: 2017
- Edition: ILL