Kids, Sports, And Concussion: A Guide For Coaches And Parents
A comprehensive summary of sport-related concussion for parents, coaches, and athletes that considers the physics and biology behind the injury, identifies what can be done to reduce the risk of its occurrence, and describes how to properly respond to a suspected concussion. * Provides a detailed but easy-to-understand, jargon-free explanation of types of trauma and the forces that result in a concussion as well as what happens to brain cells when the brain suffers a concussion * Presents the facts about sport-related concussion and the potential for cumulative effects of sport-related concussions, including a discussion about chronic traumatic encephalopathy * Informs athletes, parents, and coaches about ways in which to prepare for a possible concussion, how to respond to a potential concussion, and steps to take to decrease the risk of a concussion injury
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Praeger Security Intl
- ISBN-13: 9781440858024
- ISBN: 1440858020
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: 2