Karin Berg?? Larsson And The Emergence Of Swedish Design
Karin Bergoeoe Larsson (1859-1928) was a mother of eight and wife to Sweden's beloved painter, Carl Larsson. She was herself a well-regarded artist but gave it up when she married, at the request of her husband. Replacing paintbrushes and canvas with needles and cloth, she turned a somewhat ugly cottage-Lilla Hyttnas in the tiny village of Sundborn, Sweden-into a designer showcase. Inspired by the Swedish countryside, she filled the home with handcrafted wall hangings, bed coverings, tablecloths and pillow covers, while she greatly influencing her husband's work by encouraging him to move away from dark oils to more illuminating and light-filled watercolors. The National Museum of Women in the Arts in Washington, D.C., considers Karin "the first designer of what would become known as Swedish Modern." Her influence continues to inform the concepts of retail giant IKEA.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: McFarland Publishing
- ISBN-13: 9781476674063
- ISBN: 147667406X
- Publication Year: 2018