Kachinas: Spirit Beings Of The Hopi
The Hopi Indians have had Kachinas in their religion for over one thousand years. Over the years, many works have been published about the Kachinas. Most of these have discussed them from the white man's interpretation of what the Hopi have told him. This book gives readers the perspective of the Hopis. The seventy-nine Kachinas depicted in this book were painted by Neil David, Sr., a Hopi-Tewa from First Mesa, in the village of Hano, Arizona. The paintings show both the front and back of each Kachina; that is the entire costume of the Kachina. The descriptions of the Kachinas have come from the mouths of various Hopi. They discuss differences in the Kachinas as they appear on each of the three Southwest mesas where the Hopi make their home. The Kachinas which appear in this book are, in general, rare and unusual Kachinas and will enlighten those who wish to learn about and appreciate the "Kachinas, Spirit Beings of the Hopi".
- Condition: Used - Fine/Like New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Burleson
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Avanyu Pub
- ISBN-13: 9780936755533
- ISBN: 0936755539
- Publication Year: 2006