Journey To The Top Of Africa: Crossing The Amboselli, Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro & Exploring The Ngorongoro Crater
In Journey To The Top Of Africa, Patrick Mages tells a fascinating story of a night crossing of the Amboselli Game Reserve in Kenya, a five day climb of the fabled 19,300 foot Mt. Kilimanjaro and a four wheel drive descent into the Ngorongoro Crater, a long-extinct volcano and home to most species of African wildlife. If you've never climbed a mountain this is an ideal book for the armchair mountaineer. Patrick explains what it takes both mentally and physically to ascend the highest mountain in Africa. He laces the entire adventure with humor, fact, fiction, sensitive observations and many personal reflections from a life on the move, driven by endless curiosity and positive spirit.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Author Solutions
- ISBN-13: 9781599268408
- ISBN: 159926840X
- Publication Year: 2006