Fiction. Alan and Amelia, a British couple in their early thirties, move to Queens in New York and, in their apartment building, come across Allan, a twenty-something of Guinean roots who quickly becomes for them the exemplar of American youth: aimless, photogenic...looking for meaning in a world that seems to have already happened. After dropping his cell phone and shattering its screen, Allan decides not to replace it, a decision that leads to his beginning to reject some of the things his generation treats as sacred: chiefly, their penchant for "merging self-documentation and experience...having decided they prefer life flat to round." In the spirit of The Great Gatsby, in JOHNNY ALLAN, Keller paints a new portrait of America and a new Lost Generation, a carnival of sensory delights, music, misapprehension and beauty. "A timeless and topical read."--Booklist "A deeply inventive and thoughtful novel that unfolds with astonishing grace...if you haven't read JOHNNY ALLAN yet, you're in for a treat."--Jenny Offill
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Fremont
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Dr Cicero Books
- ISBN-13: 9781945766121
- ISBN: 1945766123
- Publication Year: 2019