John Woo's Bullet In The Head
Though underappreciated in contemporary film criticism, Bullet in the Head is a landmark in John Woo's career as a film director. Featuring strong early work by Hong Kong stars such as Tony Leung Chiu-wai and Simon Yam, the film functions both as a modern Jacobean revenge tragedy and as an allegory of fears surrounding the Tiananmen Square incident for Hong Kong residents facing reunification with China. Detailing the circumstances surrounding production and the role of leading stars, Tony Williams argues for the film's central importance as a major triumph of dynamic Asian cinema and assesses its significance both for Hong Kong cinema and Woo's later career.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hong Kong Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9789622099685
- ISBN: 9622099688
- Publication Year: 2009