The John Eliot Gardiner Collection
Presented as a sturdy box set of 30 CDs, featuring choral, orchestral, and operatic masterpieces from the Baroque to the modern era, the John Eliot Gardiner Collection brings together some of his most acclaimed recordings for Archiv, Deutsche Grammophon, and Philips. This set marks the occasion of Gardiner's 70th birthday, and he has selected these recordings as personal favorites. The performances are representative of his work with the Monteverdi Choir, the English Baroque Soloists, the Orchestre R?volutionnaire et Romantique, the Vienna Philharmonic, the London Symphony Orchestra, and other artists and ensembles that have benefitted from his association and contibuted to his reputation as one of the most admired conductors of his generation. Gardiner is well-known as a champion of period practices and authentic instrumentation, and his interpretations are usually propulsive in tempo and streamlined in voicings and textures, to remove the accretions of tradition. As can be expected of a set that...
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: DG Deutsche Grammophon (USA)
- UPC: 028947910442