Jesus Of Nazareth: Message And History
"Anyone who seeks concrete information concerning the time, the appearing of Jesus, his fate, his arrest and trial, will find excellent information here. Moreover, those who study the preaching of Jesus in the framework of the Gospel traditions and their redaction will profit much from this book. It accomplishes its mission in an exemplary way at the highest level of contemporary research."--Rudolf Schnackenburg, University of Wrzburg "Gnilka, the author of major commentaries on the Synoptic Gospels and the Fourth Gospel, with this book focuses upon the issue of the figure whose life-story produced the Gospel traditions. After a careful presentation of his approach to the critical question, he develops a presentation of the man, Jesus of Nazareth, which is both critically acceptable and challenging to all who would claim to be followers of Jesus of Nazareth."--Francis J. Moloney, SDB, professor of theology, Australian Catholic University
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Marion
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Baker Academic
- ISBN-13: 9780801046377
- ISBN: 0801046378
- Publication Year: 1994