Jean Philippe Delhomme: Artists' Instagrams: The Never Seen Instagrams Of The Greatest Artists
With his sharp-witted illustrations and insightful one-liners, the French illustrator, painter and writer Jean-Philippe Delhomme (born 1959) is a deft observer and loving critic of our contemporary culture. In his latest book, Artists' Instagrams, Delhomme imagines what the masters of modern art would have posted if they had access to Instagram and shared our addiction to the platform.The results are hilarious: Picasso collaborates with a car brand and compares his follower-count with Braque's; Mondrian paints his IKEA kitchen; Gauguin incites #FOMO with his travel photographs of tantalizing, exoticizing Polynesian nudes. They are all here, from Joseph Beuys to Andy Warhol.Artists' Instagrams: The Never Seen Instagrams of the Greatest Artists is one of the first art books to engage Instagram's influence in our visual culture (Kim Kardashian's pioneering efforts notwithstanding). But Artists' Instagrams is not only an amusing mash-up of high culture and everyone's favorite social media platform; it's a veritable history of modern art through hashtags.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: August Editions
- ISBN-13: 9781947359048
- ISBN: 1947359045
- Publication Year: 2019