Jazz 'round Midnight: Bill Evans
In between stints recording for the Riverside or Fantasy labels, Bill Evans worked for the Verve label and produced music that was either more challenging or, in this case, mellower. This collection emphasizes the more romantic side of the pianist, in either trio contexts or with a lone additional accompanist, primarily guitarist Jim Hall. There is a single orchestrated selection, Evans' own "Time Remembered," and the rest are small-ensemble ballad standards that stand the test of time. Only one of the other remaining numbers, "Turn Out the Stars," is composed by Evans, and a bit of Bach is included. This is perfect after-hours seduction or dinner music that fans of Evans can easily appreciate, while others can just play the CD and let the gentle evening unfold. ~ Michael G. Nastos, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Verve
- UPC: 731451777325