Italy In Hollywood
Loosely following the years Salvatore Ferragamo (1898-1960) spent in California, Italy in Hollywood shines light on a neglected period in the history of the film capital. This sleek volume brings together programs, photographs, film clips, objects and the beautiful shoes that Ferragamo developed in his Hollywood Boulevard boot shop--shoes that would go on to make him the shoemaker to the stars. Ferragamo arrived in Hollywood in 1915, at a time when two currents were converging: growing Italian immigration to the United States and the burgeoning film industry. Luminaries like Enrico Caruso, Rudolph Valentino, Lina Cavalieri and Tina Modotti brightened the still-dim cultural outpost as they and others contributed to architecture, film, photography, fashion and jazz. Italy In Hollywood illustrates, in a wealth of material, the Italian contribution to the myth and glamour of Hollywood.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Skira
- ISBN-13: 9788857238876
- ISBN: 8857238873
- Publication Year: 2019