It Came From Hollywood Book 2: Salute To Slashers
After the wild success of Halloween in 1978 and then 1980s ultra-gory Friday the 13th, there was no denying the box office potential of the low-budget slasher movies. Parents hated them, critics despised them, and teens flocked to them, making the biggest hits from minor productions. It was a perfect time to be a movie fan, as video cassettes entered the market and video stores blossomed on every street corner. Cable television also exploded into households across the country. For the first time, film fans had access to thousands and thousands of titles that were available to them before, and slasher movies were everywhere. You could go to the theater or the drive-in to see them upon their initial release, catch them later on VHS or Betamax, or even wait and watch them on Commander USA's Groovie Movie or Elvira's Movie Macabre. Slasher movies were never more prevalent than in 1981 when dozens of them saw theatrical releases and all of them made money. It Came From Hollywood Book 2 celebrates the slasher era with eight exclusive interviews with the people who made those films and a couple of 21st-century purveyors who keep that spirit alive.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Trade Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: --
- Publisher: Blurb
- ISBN-13: 9798210502995
- Publication Year: 2022