Islands Of Imagination: Modern Indonesian Drama
In anticipation of the 2015 Frankfurt Book Fair in October where Indonesian literature will be spotlighted MANOA journal presents Islands of Imagination, Volume One: Modern Indonesian Plays as its winter 2014 issue. Co-edited by Frank Stewart, John H. McGlynn, and Cobina Gillitt, the volume contains seven works written between 1933 and 2009. These plays are all united by the literary artistry and treatment of social issues that characterize modern Indonesian drama. Contributors include Rita Matu Mona, Armijn Pan , N. Riantiarno, Ratna Sarumpaet, Iwan Simatupang, Luna Vidya, and Putu Wijaya.Modern Indonesian Plays is published in cooperation with the Lontar Foundation of Indonesia. The second volume will follow as the winter 2015 issue.John H. McGlynn is a Jakarta-based editor, translator, and the founder of the Lontar Foundation. Cobina Gillitt, PhD, is a freelance dramaturg, translator, and university professor based in New York City.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of Hawaii Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780824853785
- ISBN: 0824853784
- Publication Year: 2015