Introduction To Locating Buried Utilities
Written by a field manager with 17 years experience, this is an in-depth training manual for employees of municipalities, utility companies, and contract locating firms. With over 300 photos and illustrations, this is the first book to provide an actual curriculum for locating buried utilities. Chapters include Laws & Regulations, Waves & Frequencies, the EM Locate Machine, Step by Step Locating, Common Terms, Telephone Cables, Fiber & Coaxial, Pressurized Water Pipes, Traffic Systems, Electrical Power, Natural Gas, Private Utilities, and much, much more. The basic physics of EM locating is explained in EM Wave Theory, Conduction, Induction, Phase, Capacitance, EMF, Ohm's Law, etc., while the chapter on Telephone Cables includes T-Screens, Lead Cables, Repeaters, Load Coils, Pair Gain, etc. From 3 phase primaries and cathodic protection to fiber jumpers and ATMS systems, this book covers it all, the historical, technical, and procedural knowledge needed to safely locate underground utilities.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781439223345
- ISBN: 1439223343
- Publication Year: 2009