Interdependence: The Route To Community
Driven from a values base, Interdependence: The Route to Community is a service system framework that interprets a new approach for the ways in which people relate and the ways our society addresses social issues. Recognizing the limitations of the medical/expert approach, the book offers a new prescription for change based on partnership.This penetrating, often hard-hitting exploration of the goals of human services clears the air on how and why the current medical/expert paradigm has failed. Here is the introduction to the independent paradigm-an alternative approach to how people and systems can relate.The book focuses on a new plan of action for reestablishing the individual with his or her community and enhancing personal lives through a sense of similarity, rather than difference:Who should read this book? Educators, counselors, physicians, nurses, administrators, people with disabilities, family members, community and religious leaders, engineers, government officials, and politicians. This book is to be read and applied, not merely read.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Lewisville
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: CRC Pr I Llc
- ISBN-13: 9781878205117
- ISBN: 1878205110
- Publication Year: 1995
- Edition: 2