Integrated Protected Area Management
Protected areas have become an increasingly important tool both in the conservation of biodiversity and in revenue generation through sustainable use. This is the only sure way to guarantee the protection necessary for many species, habitats and ecosystems in the future. Integrated Protected Area Management features contributions that consider the design, management and sustainable use of these regions. Three principal aspects are considered:the theory and practice of designation community-based conservation and the concept of sustainability identifying priorities for management. The emphasis throughout is on the importance of an interdisciplinary approach to planning and the active involvement of all stakeholders in decision-making processes as a means of ensuring long-term sustainability.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer Verlag
- ISBN-13: 9781461374084
- ISBN: 1461374081
- Publication Year: 2012
- Edition: Reprint