Innocent Outlaws: A Prohibition Story
Prohibition began at the dawn of 1920 and ended thirteen years later with the widespread belief that it had been a dismal failure, and was better left unmentioned: a bit of embarrassing American history, as it were. During the roaring 20's American society embraced cars, easy money, illicit booze, and fun. Cinema and radio emerged and promoted the social changes, and the gangster who seized the opportunity to get rich quickly carved out a lucrative niche in the American Dream with moonshine, moxie and guns. This story about innocents, outlaws and lawmen explains some of the complexities that Prohibition brought about, as well as providing an action-packed, four day romp of escapes, chases, murder, falling in love, and unexpected consequences.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781481182171
- ISBN: 148118217X
- Publication Year: 2013