In The Spirit Of John Coltrane
It is not surprising to see Sonny Fortune pay tribute to John Coltrane. After all, perhaps more than anyone else, Fortune is carrying the torch that was handed off when Coltrane died -- his style owes a lot to the sax player, and some of his best work has been with others who contributed to the Coltrane legacy, namely the great McCoy Tyner and Elvin Jones. Fortune doesn't just rehash Coltrane's work on this album, however; instead, In the Spirit of John Coltrane features Fortune's original compositions, inspired by Coltrane but with Fortune's unique stamp as well. A fine return to recording after a three-year hiatus, In the Spirit of Coltrane shows that Fortune still has a few tricks up his sleeve. ~ Stacia Proefrock, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Shanachie Records
- UPC: 016351506320