In The Money
Evidently inspired by Paramount's screwball comedy Three Cornered Moon, Chesterfield-Invincible Studio's In the Money is actually more entertaining than its costlier predecessor. The main characters are members of a zany, perpetually improvident family, all of whom take polite little bows as they're introduced to the audience by narrator-co-star Skeets Gallagher, cast as a two-bit fight manager. Our genial host then tells the viewers exactly what each character is going to do in the course of the next 66 minutes -- and, by golly, they do just what they're supposed to. Facing financial ruin after purchasing a worthless stock, Gallagher and his confreres Lois Wilson, Sally Starr, Frank Coghlan Jr. et al. are rescued by the pugilistic skills of punchdrunk Warren Hymer. Coghlan Jr. went on to repeat his role in the 1936 remake of In the Money, Red Lights Ahead. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Alpha Video
- UPC: 089218680297
- Region: Region [unknown]