In The Irish Brigade: A Tale Of War In Flanders And Spain
When young Irishman Desmond Kennedy joins the Irish Brigade serving King Louis XVI of France, he has no idea what adventure and peril awaits. The young man finds himself engulfed in battles in Flanders and on the Iberian peninsula during the War of Spanish Succession. After arousing the wrath of a noble from whom he rescued a kidnapped girl, Desmond must not only fight for his life but to clear his name in order to regain the rights to his estate. Will Desmond survive the turmoil of the Napoleonic Wars? Will he clear his name? These and other questions will be answered in G. A. Hentry's book In the Irish Brigade: A Tale of War in Flanders and Spain. Set in the early-eighteenth century Europe, this book includes more than one-hundred geographical, historical, and explanatory footnotes to aid the modern reader.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781480295407
- ISBN: 148029540X
- Publication Year: 2012