This CD swings from the start. Pianist Michael Cochrane, whose chord voicings are most inspired by McCoy Tyner but are not derivative, displays an extroverted style and is in top form throughout his trio workout with bassist Calvin Hill and drummer Yoron Israel. Highlights include Cochrane's composition "De Fa Vu" (one of his four originals), a 3/4 version of "There Will Never Be Another You," Chick Corea's "Bud Powell" and Tyner's "Blues for Gwen." Since Michael Cochrane has not recorded that frequently as a leader (this was his third set), Impressions can be considered his finest recording as of 1995. ~ Scott Yanow, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Landmark (Label)
- UPC: 758272154821