I Have Called You Friends: New Testament Images That Challenge Us To Live As Christ Followers
Can you picture yourself as a child? A priest? A soldier? A friend of Jesus? Let these pictures from the New Testament help you to follow Jesus more closely. Jesus calls Christians to live His Way of life--to become Christ followers. In the New Testament, the call to live Jesus' Way comes in a variety of forms--such as commands to obey, wisdom to learn, and virtues to cultivate. Another form of the call to live Jesus' Way is images--we could also call them metaphors or models. This book examines several evocative New Testament images that help us find our way as we follow Jesus--disciple, servant, steward, soldier, pilgrim, priest, child, guest, friend. Every Christian wants to develop their ability to follow Jesus. Combining thoughtful studies of the Bible with heartfelt guidance for Christians in today's world, these images from the New Testament illustrate the practical outworking of a walk of faith and inspire us to persevere.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Burleson
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: New Hope Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781563099458
- ISBN: 1563099454
- Publication Year: 2005