I Am England
Sweeping through fifteen centuries of life in the heart of southern England, this epic novel records the lives of the ordinary folk of Britain from the end of the Roman occupation through to the late 16th century. The author has brought to life a colorful range of characters, from serfs to kings, from slave girls to bishops and from honest working families to murderers, to illustrate what it must have been like to live through some of the most challenging periods of English history, including the attacks of the hated Viking marauders, the French defeat of the English at Hastings, the arrival of the despised Norman invaders and the dissolution of the monasteries. The hardship and terrible cruelty our ancestors had to endure are vividly described.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Mereo Books
- ISBN-13: 9781861515513
- ISBN: 1861515510
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: Reprint