How The Barbarian Invasions Shaped The Modern World: The Vikings, Vandals, Huns, Mongols, Goths, And Tartars Who Razed The Old World And Formed The New
How the Barbarian Invasions Shaped the Modern World is a richly detailed chronicle that brings to life the personalities of Attila the Hun, Alaric the Goth, Genghis Khan, and many other barbarian kings and chieftains whose rampages across Europe, Asia, and North Africa changed the course of history. In this highly readable and authoritative book, author Thomas J. Craughwell draws upon the latest historical and archaeological research to reveal the impact of the barbarian invasions on the modern world, including the establishment of the English language, the foundation of world capitals such as Dublin, and the introduction of gunpowder to Europe. The book is Illustrated with more than 100 archival images gathered from around the world. The text is written in a narrative fashion, with anecdotes and vignettes to engage the reader's imagination. Any history buff's collection is incomplete without this survey of the most barbaric tribes in history.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Corpus Christi
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Crestline
- ISBN-13: 9780785836537
- ISBN: 0785836535
- Publication Year: 2018