How A City Works
Millions of people live in cities around the world, but have you ever wondered how cities work? All those people need clean water to drink, a safe place to live, and a way to get all around the city! How do you take care of all those people's needs? Your city has a plan for that. Read and find out all about the systems a city has to help keep everyone safe, healthy, and happy. This book on city systems will appeal to the young civil engineer. How A City Works is filled with fun, accurate art, and includes tons of information. For example, it answers the question: Where does all the electricity needed to make a city run come from? How A City Works covers water treatment, power, sewage, recycling, and transportation. How a City Works comes packed with visual aids like charts, sidebars, an infographic, and a funny, hands-on activity-how to clean up dirty "sewage" water, using puffed rice cereal, raisins, hot chocolate mix, and coffee filters. This is a Level 2 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science title, which means the book explores more challenging concepts for children in the primary grades and supports the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Harpercollins Childrens Books
- ISBN-13: 9780062470300
- ISBN: 0062470302
- Publication Year: 2018