After turning out a movie soundtrack and a greatest hits LP, Queen finally got around to following up its chart-topping 1980 album The Game with Hot Space. Taking a cue from the spare, rhythmic style of the previous album's hits, "Another One Bites The Dust" and "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," the band took an austere, beat-heavy dance floor approach again, but without as much distinctiveness. The biggest American hit, "Body Language" (#11 U.S., #25 U.K.) was typical, with Freddie Mercury intoning "Give me your body" over and over, while such songs as "Back Chat" (#40 U.K.) were straight disco tracks. "Calling All Girls" (#60 U.S.) was pleasant enough, however, as far as rewrites of "Shakin' All Over" go, and "Las Palambras De Amor," the biggest U.K. hit (#17), was closer to their old rock choir approach. (The album also contained the year-old single "Under Pressure," by Queen & David Bowie.) ~ William Ruhlmann, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB Frisco
- Seller rating:
- Label: Hollywood
- UPC: 720616103826