Unlike Mayfield's more well-known work in the 1970s, his 1980s material is more soulful than funky. Songs like "Hey Baby (Give It All to Me)" and "Still Within Your Heart" are missing the hard-hitting urban commentary and focus instead on a romantic vibe similar to love songs by Al Green, Barry White, and Marvin Gaye. No clunkers here, but "Dirty Laundry'" is an outstanding track, and one of Mayfield's best during the decade. Honesty is a soft, sensual album that transports the listener back to the days of the Impressions more than those of Superfly. [In 2000, Boardwalk re-released this underrated album.] ~ JT Griffith, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Boardwalk
- UPC: 660191104026