Home: What It Means And Why It Matters
Where do you live? The answer to this seemingly simple question can be more complicated than you'd think.Drawing on personal experience, Mary Gordon examines various forms of abode-from her childhood house in Far Rockaway to apartments in Palo Alto, Rome, and the Upper West Side-as well as the very concept of ?home and how it has evolved over time. Rich in insightful observations from writers and thinkers as diverse as Gaston Bachelard, Le Corbusier, Emerson, Colette, and Edith Wharton, At Home skillfully provokes us to probe our own thoughts about what ?home truly means to each of us. Notions of safety, morality, cleanliness, comfort, and the changing nature of the family are just a few of the colors Gordon uses to paint an intriguing portrait of a place we all thought we knew.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Sterling Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781402768361
- ISBN: 1402768362
- Publication Year: 2011