Movie cowboy Jeffrey Carson (George O'Brien) tries hard to live up to his image in this "backstage western." On location in Wyoming for a picture, Carson -- travelling incognito -- finds himself in the middle of a real-life range war, stirred up by eastern racketeers. When the advice of his screenwriter "Great" Gadsby Holmes (Joe Caits) fails him, our hero tackles the villains on his own, performing far more gallantly than ever he did on screen. As a reward, Carson wins the hand of pretty ranch owner Joyce Butler (Cecilia Parker), with the begrudging blessing of Joyce's Aunt Violet (Maude Eburne). Hollywood Cowboy was produced independently by George A. Hirliman, the same man previously responsible for O'Brien's more serious actioner Daniel Boone. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Alpha Video
- UPC: 089218559494
- Region: Region 0