Hockey's Powerbrokers: The Game's 100 Most Influential People Of All Time
Imagine hockey without Gretzky, Orr, Howe, Richard or Beliveau. What would it look like? Nothing like it does today. All of them, as well as the rest of the game's greatest players, revolutionized the way hockey has been played. Yet the game has been changed just as much off the ice where - for better and for worse - many of hockey's movers and shakers have made their mark on the game...in behind-the-scenes negotiations (Gary Bettman), shady backroom deals (Alan Eagleson), in front of the microphone (Foster Hewitt), one the phone (Bruce McNall), in the front office (Sam Pollock), behind the bench (Scotty Bowman) and on Saturday night television (Don Cherry). From to the seismic shift of Wayne Gretzky coming to America, to Willie O'Ree breaking the color barrier, to Anatoli Tarasov laying the groundwork for the sublime finesse of Soviet hockey, to Sheldon Kennedy's courage in opening the eyes of the hockey world to one of its most darkest secrets - the biggest game changers are compiled here in the definitive list of powerbrokers and influencers in hockey history. Together, these 100 on-ice icons and off-ice authorities have shaped the sport into what it is today- the world's greatest game.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Juniper Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781988002651
- ISBN: 1988002656
- Publication Year: 2017