Historic Britain From The Air
Nowhere is the imprint of the pattern of history on the landscape more evident than from the air. Britain's great palaces, castles, country houses and their estates, historic towns and villages are seldom seen except from ground level. Aerial photography provides a much larger picture: the lie of the land, the topography of a battlefield, a shipyard on the edge of an estuary, a canal snaking its way through a highland fault - all are more vivid when viewed with a bird's eye.Travelling from the invasion coast of south-east England, with its many traces of successive waves of invaders, to the farthest reaches of Scotland, whose solitary, battlemented castles recall centuries of rebellion and unrest, author Nicholas Best and aerial photographer Jason Hawkes record the ebb and flow of history on the ground beneath them.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Random House Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780865659650
- ISBN: 0865659656
- Publication Year: 1995