Hermeneutics In The Genre Of Mukhtasar: Civil And Commercial Law In Islamic Law
This book is situated in the wider theoretical framework of civil and commercial law in the context of the tensions and conflicts arising between the Islamic law and western legal systems. The book deals with the genre of Mukhtasar in Islamic law and the significance of its emergence in the development and formation of Islamic law. These compositions of Mukhtasar are authored texts by individual jurists claiming independently to personal hermeneutical interpretations in producing and reproducing them. These compositions of Mukhtasar do not simply reproduce the legal rulings of eponyms of schools of law in an abridgement as traditionally it has been understood. Most importantly, the purpose for which they were composed was to provide hermeneutical accounts of the formation of Islamic law incorporating all essential expanded additional elements which have developed over the course of time. The authors of these compositions of Mukhtasar continue the hermeneutical formation of Islamic legal system.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lexington Books
- ISBN-13: 9781498512152
- ISBN: 1498512151
- Publication Year: 2018