Henry David Thoreau: Author Of ?Civil Disobedience?: Author Of Civil Disobedience
Henry David Thoreau was known for living simply, but his views and convictions were anything but. This insightful text introduces the man who, though he lived alone in the woods for part of his life, stood up against slavery and war. Readers will learn how this reclusive figure assisted with the Underground Railroad and wrote provocative essays that inspired history's most famous writers and activists. Additional digital biographies, background, and vocabulary provide background for Thoreau's story, while showing readers the palpable power of passionate, well-crafted words.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Rosen Young Adult
- ISBN-13: 9781538381120
- ISBN: 1538381125
- Publication Year: 2018