Recorded live in his natural habitat at the Sahara in Las Vegas, Hello Dummy! captures Don Rickles at the peak of his vicious powers -- even here in 1968, the most tumultuous flashpoint in the history of American racial relations, he steadfastly remains a true equal-opportunity offender, spitting out insults with the speed and force of a rivet gun and without regard to gender, race, creed, or sexuality. Opening with a surreal rant about wife Barbara's bedroom proclivities, Mr. Warmth proceeds to rip apart the audience, from Mexicans ("If it weren't for you people, we wouldn't have filth") to blacks ("What the hell do we need the Negroes for? Oh, yeah, to have cotton in the drugstore") to Arabs ("I hope you put on your turban tonight and a cobra bites you on the neck") and seemingly everyone in between. While certainly never a comedic revolutionary on par with Lenny Bruce, Rickles somehow transcends political correctness so completely that he whips the crowd into a communal fervor worthy of a preacher. ~ Jason Ankeny, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Warner Archives
- UPC: 093624569121