National bestselling author Alan Jacobson returns with a story as fresh as the headlines, a novel that moves him into the thriller writer elite [Description] When an explosion pulverizes the president-elect's helicopter on election night, it soon becomes clear that the group behind the assassination attempt possesses a far greater reach than any the FBI has encountered before. With the Joint Terrorism Task Force facing a dearth of leads while under pressure to restore public confidence, the president directs its chief, Special Agent Aaron Uziel, to do "whatever it takes to find those responsible." Uziel enlists the assistance of an old friend, covert operative Hector DeSantos, who is a member of the elite Special Forces group known as OPSIG. But despite years of experience defusing crises and thwarting global terror plots, Uziel and DeSantos are ill-prepared for what they discover: a plot so deeply woven into the nation's fabric it threatens to upend America's political system. Hard Target is a "ripped from the headlines" time bomb that keeps you clinging to the edge of your seat-and turning the pages. "Hard Target is Alan Jacobson's best work to date. . . . Wow!" -New York Journal of Books "A smart, complex novel that explodes from the page and scores a direct hit on my radar." -Vince Flynn "A top-notch, brilliantly crafted thriller. With a disturbingly realistic plot, Hard Target is a novel guaranteed to thrill." -David Morrell
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Trade Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: --
- Publisher: Open Road Media Mystery & Thri
- ISBN-13: 9781504013383
- ISBN: 1504013387
- Publication Year: 2015