Handbook For First Time Managers: Managing Effectively
Handle all the day-to-day issues that confront supervisors: budgeting and tracking (graphs and charts illustrate common mistakes); business writing; selecting job candidates; and more. "An important book in an area that has received little attention, that of the first-time management experience. Written by practicing managers....Topics include planning, delegating, performance appraisal, building a career, managing both employees and the boss, running meetings, and managing conflict....Highly recommended."--Library Journal. "It doesn't get more basic than this."--PW. Originally published as Managing Effectively.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Sterling Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780806906782
- ISBN: 0806906782
- Publication Year: 1998