Half Price Homicide: A Dead End Job Mystery
Tired of living life on the lam, Helen Hawthorne goes back to St. Louis to clear her name of alimony evasion so she can finally marry the man she loves. But she still has to pay the bills, even if it means working at a consignment shop where the designerduds are to die for--literally. Secondhand clothes. First-degree murder. At Snapdragon, the high-end designer consignment shop, Helen is at the beck and call of snobby--yet frugal--customers. That alone is a deadly combination, but the sellers of the drool-worthy fashions can be even more high maintenance. Especially Chrissy, who comes in with a purse to sell and ends up screaming it out with her own husband and another customer. If Helen didn't have a greedy ex-husband demanding more money and a mother in a Florida nursing home, she'd be hanging up her cash register. But when Chrissy is found dead in a dressing room with a hand-painted scarf around her neck, Helen goes from being low on society's totem pole to high on the police's suspect list.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: New Amer Library
- ISBN-13: 9780451229892
- ISBN: 0451229894
- Publication Year: 2010