Guide To Rule Of Law Country Analysis: The Rule Of Law Strategic Framework; A Guide For Usaid Democracy And Governance Officers
The purpose of the Guide to Rule of Law Country Analysis is to assist USAID Democracy and Governance (DG) officers in conducting a rule of law assessment and designing rule of law programs that have a direct impact on democratic development. There is a special focus on empowering poor and vulnerable groups and promoting economic development and security. Within USAID's DG assessment framework, five elements comprise democracy: rule of law; consensus; competition; inclusion; and good governance. This Guide presents a strategic framework for conceptualizing the rule of law, analyzing a country's strengths and weaknesses with regard to rule of law, and designing strategic programs to address rule of law challenges. It will help DG officers maximize the impact of rule of law programs on democracy and governance strategic objectives. The Guide reflects the understanding that the justice sector is part of the larger political context. Effective rule of law programming may need to look beyond traditional approaches that focus on operations of the courts and other components of the justice system. When the goal is democratic governance, the analysis that informs rule of law program decisions must be broad and comprehensive, and programming must reflect a holistic appreciation of country dynamics.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781492892526
- ISBN: 1492892521
- Publication Year: 2013