Growing Up In Davie County, North Carolina: Reflections From One Hundred Years Ago
For those who find themselves reminiscing of times past when life seemed less complicated, let William Jamie Moore take you back in time to an era in small-town America when crime was almost nonexistent, your backyard acted as the grocery store, charity wasn't an obligation; when life generally moved at a much slower pace. In Growing up in Davie County, Moore offers us an unusually candid and incredibly detailed window onto small-town life in North Carolina in the early decades of the twentieth century. Through the wide eyes of a child, we're transported back to a simpler, pastoral world that existed all over America not so very long ago. At times informative, at times moving and on occasion side-splittingly hilarious, this collection of stories is a must for anyone who can appreciate the joy of growing up in a friendly, close-knit community.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: History Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781596290792
- ISBN: 159629079X
- Publication Year: 2005