Group Theoretical Methods In Physics: Proceedings Of The Xxv I Nternational Colloquium On Group Theoretical Methods In Physics Held In Cocoyoc, Mexico, 2 6 August 2004
Symmetry is permeating our understanding of nature: Group theoretical methods of intrinsic interest to mathematics have expanded their applications from physics to chemistry and biology. The ICGTMP Colloquia maintain the communication among the many branches into which this endeavor has bloomed. Lie group and representation theory, special functions, foundations of quantum mechanics, and elementary particle, nuclear, atomic, and molecular physics are among the traditional subjects. More recent areas include supersymmetry, superstrings and quantum gravity, integrability, nonlinear systems and quantum chaos, semigroups, time asymmetry and resonances, condensed matter, and statistical physics. Topics such as linear and nonlinear optics, quantum computing, discrete systems, and signal analysis have only in the last few years become part of the group theorists' turf. In Group Theoretical Methods in Physics, readers will find both review contributions that distill the state of the art in a broad field, and articles pointed to specific problems, in many cases, preceding their formal publication in the journal literature.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: CRC Pr I Llc
- ISBN-13: 9780750310086
- ISBN: 0750310081
- Publication Year: 2005