The Grace Jones Story
Though its scope is wide, ranging from Jones' 1977 debut through 1993's number one club single "Sex Drive," The Grace Jones Story -- a two-disc compilation released in 2006 -- contains nothing from 1985's Slave to the Rhythm, likely due to a licensing issue with the ZTT label. Otherwise, this contains virtually everything a casual fan could want, and it's wise to give Jones' '70s material (much of it solid, straightforward disco) more attention. There are 28 tracks in all, including classic early-'80s club singles like "Pull Up to the Bumper" and "Nipple to the Bottle" -- some of the baddest genre-defying club music ever laid down. ~ Andy Kellman, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Island (Label)
- UPC: 602498332863